-
August 27th, 2002, 11:40 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Can anyone tell me how important the Amp-hour rating of a cordless drill is? How do I compare a 18 volt drill with a 1.6 Ah to one that has a 2.0 Ah rating? ...I know I shold have paid more attention during dc motors!
-
August 28th, 2002, 01:42 AM
#2
HB Forum Owner
The ampere-hour rating of a battery is a measure of how long it can supply current to a load, its "staying power", in other words.
For example, a 2Ah battery could deliver 1 amp for 2 hours, 2 amps for 1 hour, or 4 amps for 1/2 hour.
How long a charge lasts will depend on how many amps the motor draws.
Ed
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks